Sometimes it's the little things you notice the most, like at our staff retreat in Gyeongju when a bunch of us westerners were craving carbonation in glasses filled with ice. No vending or ice machines anywhere to be found in our hotel, so I went on a search only to find available local drinks such as sugared rice water, green tea and Su Jeung Kwa (a fantastic cinnamon drink)... good stuff, but not when you have a taste for Pepsi on ice. Eventually I returned to our table victorious with Pepsi and a bucket of ice in hand! Like I say, sometimes it's the little things in life =)
After a wonderful couple months break in Canada, I am ready to jump back into my job at Taejon Christian International School and international living that accompanies it. The first week alone was a fast-paced start for me as Technology Coordinator, as I was responsible for 10 staff and student software-training orientation sessions besides all the preparations and plans needed to navigate over 1300 users onto our school network!At the start of this 2008-2009 school year, I not only look forward to the daily work challenges that meet me every morning but I look forward to getting more involved in the lives of the staff and students around me! I would hate for life to only be about my to-do list when surrounded by such an incredible community.