July 15, 2009

Too Cool

Where did the summer go? Seriously. It seems like I just touched down at the Vancouver and Toronto airports in June and now it's the end of July and I am back in South Korea. Talk about a wake-up call that summer vacation is fast coming to a close!

My time in Canada, however fast the days sped by, was absolutely wonderful and I am so appreciative of the opportunity to return to my Canadian home base for two months to reconnect and rejuvenate. A true blessing I certainly didn't enjoy while working in the corporate world.

I must note, however, that our Canadian summer this year was a bit of an oxymoron. I wish I could write about the typical Canadian dog days of summer when I had to jump in the lake to cool off or go to the beach to validate the heat, but this year I can't. During the months of June and July I found myself wearing long pants instead of shorts, building a fire in the living room fireplace instead of working in the garden and continually reminding myself it was June and July instead of early spring or autumn!

Regardless of the cooler temps, the summer was still relaxing and enjoyable. Here are a couple photos of celebrations and visits, typical of life at the cottage. Seated with me are my parents, with nephew, niece and sister-in-law in the back. Friends Alison and Ginny were able to come up for a visit along with numerous others throughout the summer.


I am not one to sit around staring at the walls, so most of my days were spent working on personal projects together with guilt-free blocks of time reading and visiting with friends and family. Fortunately we live in the days of the computer and internet which helps me work on personal projects while enjoying the cottage surroundings at the same time.