I've lost count of how many times I've been here over the New Year holiday but I've come to know there is a fireworks display I can watch from my balcony.
The story goes that a multi-billionaire owns a resort just 'over the hill' from where I sit on my balcony. This gentleman from Europe not only owns this resort, but other properties including one of the largest yachts in the world... so big he can't park it near our shores in the Gulf of Thailand!
He obviously has connections because Swedish royalty comes this way to stay at his resort and watch the fireworks display on New Year's Eve. One of these days I should walk over there and thank this guy for sharing his fireworks with the neighborhood!

There are a number of fireworks displays going on around the bay but the one closest to me never disappoints.
And I must say this is the perfect time of year for sitting on the balcony and watching the skies. While April is the hottest time of year -- to avoid at all costs -- December and January typically offer the perfect 'sitting out' temperature.




