Every once in awhile when the schedule permits, I am able to venture off campus and visit other staff in their homes or try different restaurants in the city. So when a co-worker last week suggested we spice things up a bit and try a formal Japanese restaurant, I jumped at the opportunity. Apparently this Japanese restaurant offers only one meal all day - half price during lunch hours! Quick like a bunny we logged off our computers and headed out the door.
Upon our arrival we were ushered into a private dining room where we took off our shoes and sat on floor cushions at this over-sized low-lying table. Then the parade of food started. I took these pictures thinking the waitress had finished bringing the food to the table but Jin informed me that “more was coming”. Unbelievable.Seriously, I counted over 20 different foods when all was said and done. I don’t remember the names of most dishes but we experienced just about everything from the ocean -- some of which included octopus, squid, spiced-up raw fish, sushi, almond paste, pickled garlic and (my favorite) shrimp tempura. Once again, the price was right at $10... which also included the Japanese hostess wanting to hold my hand as she walked with me out of the restaurant =)