January 17, 2023

Canadian Sports

I knew my nephew John is a fan of hockey so I figured he would appreciate the opportunity to see a Kitchener Rangers game with me and my brother -- one of those 'Canadian touristy' events I was able to do while in Canada this Christmas, thanks to another nephew Jeremy who scored some tickets for us. 

So between helping at Mom's apartment and visits with friends and family, I went to a hockey game one evening at the local auditorium.  It was great to be able to watch a game again so close to center ice.

I can't really remember the last hockey game I attended but it sure brought back memories of how I would spend Saturday evenings as a youth in the 70s.  Besides the increased price of tickets, lack of organ music and obvious sophistication in technology, not much has changed including the 'goal' of the game (sorry).



On another occasion, I was able to watch a college volleyball game with friends whose granddaughter is recognized for her sporting talents and resultant scholarships.  



It was not only wonderful to spend time with another friend John and family at a pre-game lunch at the local Chick Filet, but then see how they spend many Saturday afternoons throughout the season.  It became obvious why colleges want their talented granddaughter on their team when watching the action on the court!