January 01, 2020

Escaping the City

I think everyone has their favorite hide-away... a place they like to go for a change of scenery. Well, I found a quiet corner of the world to escape from the busy city life of Bangkok that is only 2.5 hours away and located right on beachfront property. Not that I am unhappy in the city, but it is nice to change-up-the-routine every once in a while.

The building itself is appropriately called the Escape and the facilities sure lend themselves for people to do just that....






There is a small small island called Ko Khi Pla just off the coast of Mae Phim Beach. I don't know this for a fact, but I would say it is one of the smallest islands in Thailand.


INTERIOR UNIT


The unit I like is small but comfortable and has a great view of the Bay of Thailand.




An added feature is that the unit faces east, so I get the morning sun but not the hot afternoon rays.




Here is a short video clip off my balcony where I not only get a view of the Bay but the Thai-style homes and treed areas on nearby hills...



EXTERIOR PROPERTY

Once you go down the elevator to the common areas of the building, you find a few pools, restaurant/bar area, workout facility, secluded places to sit and read, along with direct access to its private beach.




Needless to say, this is a wonderful spot to soak in the view of the bay right into the evening hours.




NEIGHBORHOOD

If you want to venture away from the beach, there are plenty of scenic drives. In fact, I already found a favorite spot where the trees form a natural tunnel. Since it's January, most of the leaves have fallen off these trees, but the effect is the same!

If you want to go for a walk, there is a beach community area only a few minutes away. This is the focal point for many of the locals along the main drag who want to enjoy a day at the beach. It reminds me a lot of Sauble Beach or Grand Bend communities in Ontario Canada.




I wanted to include this post in my blog since Mae Phim is as much a part of my life in Thailand as visiting monuments and taking tours during time off from work. Without a doubt, this has become my home-away-from-home... only with a view =)